In order to register as a participating artist, you must complete the following registration form, submit the registration fee and agree to the following rules and regulations.
- Location: Three designated sites have extensive landscaping by U City in Bloom, as well as other features of interest, such as public sculptures. The sites are Heman Park, Civic Plaza, and Lewis Park. A map will be provided at check-in.
- Artistic Medium: Any painting or drawing medium. All work is to be completed during the hours of the competition. Photography, computer-generated images, and sculpture will not be accepted.
- Registration: The pre-registration fee is $10, and artists registering before August 28 will be included in a souvenir booklet. The registration fee on the day of the event will be $15. Details are given in the registration form on the next page.
Check-In: Artists should report to Centennial Commons, 7210 Olive, in Heman Park between 8 and 10 AM. Artists should bring their canvas, paper, or other support to be stamped by staff. Toned supports can be used, but nothing pre-painted, pre-drawn, or in any way begun will be accepted.
Painting Deadline: Completed artwork should be returned to Centennial Commons by 3:30 PM for display and judging. Each artist must supply an easel to display his or her work(s). Submissions will be limited to three. If the work cannot be displayed on an easel, contact Judy at 314-725-8243. Staff will assist in setting up the display.
Judging: Judging begins at 4 PM and is closed to the public.
Evening Cocktail Buffet: Artists will be guests of U City in Bloom at this fundraising event from 6-8 PM at Centennial Commons. Winners and prizes will be announced during the event.
- Sales: Each piece of artwork must have a title and a price, and will be considered for sale during the evening cocktail event unless otherwise specified. U. City in Bloom will take a 10% commission on all sales.
- Eligibility: The competition is open to artists 18 and over.
- Prizes: Cash prizes will be $250 for Best in Show, $200 for Second Place, and $100 for Third Place. A non-cash prize will be awarded to the winner of the People’s Choice voting during the event.
First, second, and third place winning artists will be awarded the opportunity to display a selection of their work at October’s Gallery Exhibit at the University City Public Library. A reception will be included, date to be announced later.
Note: all fields are required.
NOTE: Your registration is not complete until we receive your registration fee.